Applications are currently closed. Check back again in November 2022.
- $3000 grant from SDWG to be used for writing-related expenses.
- Membership in SDWG during the membership year and the following year.
- Access to mentors who can offer assistance with craft, revision, publishing, promotion, or other writing needs identified by the Fellow.
- Chance to promote self/work through SDWG mailing list and social media.
- Professional website designed by Valley of Writers and hosted for three years.
- Opportunity to help shape the artistic vision of SDWG as we grow.
- The Fellow will have opportunities to read her work at Guild events.
- The Fellow will have the opportunity to teach or co-teach a SDWG workshop or program.
- The Fellow will be expected to communicate regularly with SDWG about the progress of work.
- The Fellow will address, in person or virtually, the SDWG annual meeting.
- The Fellow will write one blog for the SDWG newsletter
- At the end of the fellowship, the Fellow will give feedback about the experience.
- The applicant will be 18 or older, self-identify as a woman or gender expansive person of color, and not yet have published a book (or have one under contract).
- The applicant will have a demonstrated passion for writing fiction.
- The applicant should live in Berkshire, Franklin, Hampshire, or Hampden County.
- Applications must be completed, and writing sample submitted between November 1 and December 30, 2021.
- Finalists will be asked to participate in an interview.
- The selection committee decision will be announced by March 1, 2022.
- The fellowship term will run May 2022 – May 2023.
If you have questions, contact Ellen Meeropol at ellenmeeropol[at]gmail.com.